The Extend time option allows you to give candidates extra time (apart from the original test duration) to complete their tests.
Note: This is not applicable to candidates who have not started the test yet.
To extend the time for candidates, follow these steps:
- Log into HackerEarth Recruit using your admin credentials.
- Click Tests.
Important: You can extend the test duration only for ongoing or completed tests.
- Select the test for which you want to extend the test duration.
- Click Extend Time.
- Select the candidates whose test duration you want to extend. There are three categories of the candidates:
- For online candidates: The candidates who are currently taking the test.
- For all candidates: All the candidates who are invited to take the test.
Important: If you select any one of these options, the text box to enter email IDs is disabled.
- For specific emails: You can extend the time for specific candidates.
Important: If you select this option, you must enter the email IDs of the specific candidates.
- Enter the extra time (in minutes) that you want your test to extend for.
- Click Submit.
You will receive a notification confirming the extension of the test duration.
You cannot extend the test duration in the following conditions:
- If you select For online candidates, but the candidate is offline.
- If the candidate has already completed the test.
If you proceed with the steps under the specified conditions, the following notification appears on your screen:
The candidates whose test duration is extended receive an email on their registered email IDs from the HackerEarth Support Team.